The former Marine Police Headquarters were occupied by the Hong Kong Marine Police from the 1880s up until 1996, except for the period during World War II. The site comprises the Main Building, Stable Block, Time Ball Tower, Old Kowloon Fire Station and Fire Station Accommodation Block.
The Main Building of the former Marine Police Headquarters was completed
An extra top floor was added to the Main Building
Buildings declared monuments under the Antiquities and Monuments Ordinance (except for Main Block of the Old Kowloon Fire Station)
The Hong Kong Government commissioned the restoration of this historical site, awarding the tender to CK Asset Holdings Limited as the first private sector adaptive re-use project of its kind in the territory
The revitalisation took more than six years to complete, and was carried out in accordance with world conservation standards
FWD Group leased the heritage hotel in 1881 Heritage and renamed it as “House 1881”